Super Bowl Squares Template
The Super Bowl is inching closer and everyone is starting to get ready for the annual football event. With two teams to root for and players to love or hate, it’s no surprise if you get asked at a party if you want to ‘buy squares’. Super Bowl Squares is a game of luck that makes watching the big game a whole lot more interesting. Never heard of Squares? That’s ok, we’ve got all the details to get you up to speed on how to play..
If you’re interested in hosting your own game of Super Bowl squares, here’s everything you need to know, and it’s extremely easy. While some people choose to draw out their squares, it might be best to have Excel do the work for you. We’ve created a simple Excel Template that lets you print out your football squares sheet so you can save time!
How to Play Super Bowl Squares
Here’s a guide to help you have a successful game of squares (and hopefully win some money)!
1. Most games are played using a 10×10 grid like the template we’ve provided. Place the name of the AFC team at the top (x-axis) and the NFC team name on the left (y-axis). The empty board has 100 squares for gameplay.
2. Now it’s time to gather your friends and/or family (or the people you tolerate) and get them to pick squares. This can be done on your computer in Excel, or you can print the printable template and have each person handwrite their name or initials in the square(s) they want. Typically, each square is worth a certain dollar amount, so everyone has to buy their squares. For example, if each square is worth $1, and someone wants to buy 10 squares, then they put $10 in the bucket. There’s really no strategy for picking squares because the numbers haven’t been drawn yet.
4. After all the squares have been selected and there’s none left, it’s time to start assigning numbers to the columns and rows. This is done by drawing them from a hat. Fill out two sets of numbers 0 to 9 and put them all in a hat. You can have one person draw numbers or let others draw to make it more fun. Each time you draw a number, fill in the gray row and column in the Excel Template.
5. Now it’s time for the Super Bowl to start, and hopefully, you have some cheesy nachos and a beer in hand. At the end of the first quarter, second quarter, third quarter, and fourth quarter, a squares winner will be selected based on the score of the game. Look at the last number in the score for each team and match those numbers with the numbers on the grid. Whoever’s name is in that square wins the first round. The payout for winners in the first three-quarters of the football game is usually 20% of the pot, with the fourth quarter winner scoring 40% of the pot.
How to Use Google Sheets as Your Football Squares
If you’d rather use Google Sheets to print this template, no problem. You can simply download the Super Bowl Squares Template, save it to your computer, then open Sheets in your browser, select the template from your files and then click “Import.” It will import seamlessly into sheets so you can print it from there or fill it out online! Of course, you will need a Google account beforehand, but it’s easy and free to set one up if you don’t have one.
Tips For The Super Bowl Excel Template
-Be sure that your printable football squares come out properly in terms of the layout fitting in the paper or the size of the graph itself. When printing, you may need to select ‘fit to page’.
-Don’t cheat by filling in the gray score section first. This will give people a competitive advantage. After all, this is a game of luck, so keep it that way and everyone will have fun playing (except that one sore loser in the group).
– If you want to keep the game interesting, then have players buy squares for a chance to win money. This makes the football game more engaging. And if you have a group of people who don’t know each other well, it gives them something to talk about!
-If the Super Bowl Squares Template is going to be printed out, be sure that you have enough writing utensils at your party so it doesn’t hold up the process. Markers or pens are best so people don’t try to change their square selections.
Now that you know how to play, and how to use the Super Bowl Squares Excel Template, good luck, and enjoy the halftime show (or the Puppy Bowl)!DOWNLOAD